QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 3541|回复: 6

The wit and wisdom of George W. Bush

[复制链接]
发表于 2007-2-5 06:18:36 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Dec. 20, 2006

I came across an interesting book at the bookstore today, The wit and wisdom of George W. Bush. It's classified as gift idea by the bookstore. Having skimmed the first few pages, I decided to buy one for leisure reading. It's a collection of Bush's slips of the tougue, like the "韩乔生语录" we have in China. Here are some quotations from the book:

- September the 4th, 2001, I stood in the ruins of the twin towers. It's a day I will never forget.
(I think the twin tower was still there on Sept. 4th)

- Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
(OK, so we also never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people)

- That's why I cut the taxes on everybody. I didn't cut them. The congress cut them. I asked them to cut them.
(who in the end cut the taxes?)

- Not over my dead body, will they raise your taxes.
(alright, they can raise the taxes and never worry about Bush's dead body)
bushbinocs.jpg
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2007-2-5 08:08:30 | 显示全部楼层

回复: The wit and wisdom of George W. Bush

looking foward to reading more....
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2007-2-5 08:37:57 | 显示全部楼层

i'm impressed by the fact that in this country they can officially publish a book to tease their current President.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2007-2-5 08:58:08 | 显示全部楼层

Post by wondering;567550
i'm impressed by the fact that in this country they can officially publish a book to tease their current President.

maybe this is one of reasons why we immigrated to Canada.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2007-2-5 09:21:28 | 显示全部楼层

Post by wondering;567507
Dec. 20, 2006

- September the 4th, 2001, I stood in the ruins of the twin towers. It's a day I will never forget.
(I think the twin tower was still there on Sept. 4th)

Obviously,Mr.Bush is a fortune-teller
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2007-2-5 09:24:25 | 显示全部楼层

Post by wondering;567550
I guess that is why so many talent try to move to that country By the way,you are the one of them
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2007-2-5 10:14:23 | 显示全部楼层

Post by CENG;567579
I guess that is why so many talent try to move to that country By the way,you are the one of them

i feel flattered , but . do you wanna join us?
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|驿路枫情加拿大华人网

GMT+8, 2024-9-21 20:38 , Processed in 0.152235 second(s), 7 queries , Gzip On, File On.

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表