Monamis 发表于 2005-10-2 13:22:01

Do you know

Do you know where many of your ancestors first went , When they came to Canada.

Monamis

FCH 发表于 2005-10-2 13:35:40

Post by Monamis

Monamis

Not sure, but eager to know about that... 『崇拜』『崇拜』

Monamis 发表于 2005-10-2 13:40:06

FCH,
I will reply tomorrow when there are more people to have the answer,
but i think you may be surprised,

What city and province of China are you from please

FCH 发表于 2005-10-2 14:17:47

Post by Monamis
FCH,
I will reply tomorrow when there are more people to have the answer,
but i think you may be surprised,

What city and province of China are you from please

i am from ZhengZhou HeNan oringianlly, and immigrated to Hong Kong in 1993, I came to Canada last June, this is the 2nd immigration in my life :-), do not know if I will immigrate again to somewhere else in the future...『不解』

laurence 发表于 2005-10-2 17:48:09

Well, I came from Wuxi, Jiangsu province. It is a small but beautiful city near Shanghai. Now I study in Europe and I will come to Canada this January.
About the answer, I guess it should be Vancouver, because there are so many Chinese in Vancouver.

拣尽寒枝 发表于 2005-10-2 22:32:31

Post by Monamis

Monamis

Vancouver

denver1 发表于 2005-10-3 04:48:42

victoria

天梭 发表于 2005-10-3 15:45:58

Not sure, but should not be Vancouver as Monamis said he will give us a surprising answer.
I'm from Chengdu, capital city of Sichuan province in southwest China, and now living in Beijing. I'm still waiting for my visa. Hope to have chance to see you in Canada soon.

Monamis 发表于 2005-10-4 10:37:53

Post by laurence
Well, I came from Wuxi, Jiangsu province. It is a small but beautiful city near Shanghai. Now I study in Europe and I will come to Canada this January.
About the answer, I guess it should be Vancouver, because there are so many Chinese in Vancouver.
Ca C'est tres bonne, cheri,
tu parle tres bein dans francais, merci

pi apard de ca. la reponse de la problem que je vous donnez hier soeur

merci

Monamis 发表于 2005-10-4 10:40:41

Post by tissot
Not sure, but should not be Vancouver as Monamis said he will give us a surprising answer.
I'm from Chengdu, capital city of Sichuan province in southwest China, and now living in Beijing. I'm still waiting for my visa. Hope to have chance to see you in Canada soon.
yes i hope you may soon come to Canada also, where are you trying to move to , which part of Canada
hugs,
and your answer is now coming,
hope you enjoy,
if i knew how to post pictures to this site i would include those also
『收到』

Monamis 发表于 2005-10-4 10:52:02

Well thank you for your interest, i am truely honoured,
Most of your people when you first immigrated to Canada, came to fill jobs , like laundries, hotel work , and other less important roles, in that new society.
There was a gold rush on, people came by ship to Victoria and Vancouver but not to stay , many people from the Ghaunzhou (pardon my spelling) Suzanna will be able to calaborate this story. it was approximately the year 1857 when the Chinese people began to arrive, they made their way by foot for the most part through to the interior of the province of British Columbia and headed north to the gold fields, some 5000 people from Ghaunzhou, settled in a little but very prosperous town called Barkerville.
There the Chinese people formed tongs to assist the new immagrants arriving in the area,
If with out the tongs, often considered a form of Chinese Free Masonry, the many people who came would have starved to death or would have left the area altogether.

Your people played a very valuable role in the developement of our province, and your history is preserved in Barkerville, and i have visited your Chinese cemetary every year since going there to pay tribute and respect to those who you actually never left behind, as after several years the bodies were dug up and returned to China in large Urns, for proper buriel,

Suzanna will have to show me how to post pictures to this site, as i do have some very nice pictures i can give to you,
I hope this helps, and thank you, and Canada thanks you all for your marvelous contribution...

FCH 发表于 2005-10-4 11:17:20

Monamis, thank you very much for sharing this touching story! Proud of being a Chinese,:-). Hope we, all of us in ourdream.ca, including you Monamis, can form new "TONGS" to help new immigrants.

And you know what, Monamis, I have one question for you! :-), see if you know the answer.

There is one canadian whose name is remembered by almost every Chinese (to be safe, age of 20 or above). Do you know his name? :-). Not Paul Martin. :-)

Monamis 发表于 2005-10-4 11:30:07

Post by FCH
Monamis, thank you very much for sharing this touching story! Proud of being a Chinese,:-). Hope we, all of us in ourdream.ca, including you Monamis, can form new "TONGS" to help new immigrants.

And you know what, Monamis, I have one question for you! :-), see if you know the answer.

T...
The Former Governor General, Her honour, Adrianne Clarkson,

she is a very fine and well respected Chinese lady,

she has done much for Canada, and helped to bring Canada and China so much closer.

hope this is who you are referring to

Monamis 发表于 2005-10-4 11:50:41

Post by FCH

T...
There is another, now i am not certain of the correct spelling, but i believe it is a gentlmen, named Normy Quan

sorry about the spelling

FCH 发表于 2005-10-4 11:57:52

Post by Monamis
There is another, now i am not certain of the correct spelling, but i believe it is a gentlmen, named Normy Quan

sorry about the spelling

I will let other friends to answer first, if their answer is the same as the one I refer to, that means this one is really famours, :-)

I am quite sure they will give the same answer...:-)

Im-Julia 发表于 2005-10-4 13:48:52

Post by Monamis
The Former Governor General, Her honour, Adrianne Clarkson,

she is a very fine and well respected Chinese lady,

she has done much for Canada, and helped to bring Canada and China so much closer.

hope this is who you are referring to

Sorry Monamis, your answer is not correct.

The person whom Fch mentioned is really be known by all Chinese adults, he was a doctor and he went to China in 1940s to help Chinese people in the second world war. Finally he died in China for infection during his operation to injured Chinese soldier.

When I was a elementary school student, I have a text in our textbook to introduce this great Canadian. So we all know about him. This is the reason nearly all Chinese people have deep emotion to the great country----Canada!

His name is Norman Bethune!

Monamis 发表于 2005-10-4 14:40:32

Post by Im-Julia
Sorry Monamis, your answer is not correct.

The person whom Fch mentioned is really be known by all Chinese adults, he was a doctor and he went to China in 1940s to help Chinese people in the second world war. Finally he died in China for infection during his operation to injured Chinese soldier.
Thank you, very much,
yes i am familiar with Norm Bethume, he was truely a great Canadian,
and yes a true hero to theChinese people
and isn't mentioned enough in Canadian History,
and he should be

Thank you for bring this forward, I was thinking of recent history,
There were many who died for China, when the Japanese invaded, early in the 2nd w/w , those stories we are familiar with.

『收到』『收到』

Thank you for recognizing our people,

and thank you for being here again,

Im-Julia 发表于 2005-10-5 13:52:27

You are welcome, Monamis!

I forgot to mention yesterday that we China have made two films about this great Canadian. one was made in 1964, the title of the film was: " Doctor Bethune", the other one was made in 1990, the title of the film was:" Bethune-- the growth of a hero", this film was made by artists from China, Canada and France.

Canada is a country which really love peace, and it always help other country and people in war and disaster. So you have a lot of heros like Doctor Bethune. This is the reason that he is not mentioned enough in Canadian History.

We Chinese people will always remember people who helped us, and we will return our help in some day in the future.

烟民 发表于 2005-10-5 14:15:52

怎么都是 赢了拉屎,俺看不懂

Monamis 发表于 2005-10-5 14:19:52

Julia,

that was so very beautiful, what you said, and all Canadians would be so pleased to hear what you say about Canada , and Dr. Bethume and the many others that have gone where he ventured to help others, and the Chinese people in particular.
Very proud to have you here with us,
and how you will stay, i wish i had copies of those, i would present them to people in my work.
and where ever i go

Gods Speed

Monamis
页: [1] 2
查看完整版本: Do you know