QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 3837|回复: 3

Road Test in Burnaby

[复制链接]
发表于 2007-2-4 09:12:27 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Nov. 25, 2006

I said I didn’t know what to thank on Thanksgiving Day. Now I know what I can thank. Thanks for giving me the driver license – I passed the road test in Vancouver on that day

I had the test in the afternoon when it was raining. The examiner was a mid-40s Hongkongese. Ten minutes after we left the office, we started chatting about weather, skiing, school (his daughter also studies in the US), and China. The atmosphere was very friendly and relaxed. Maybe it was too relaxed so I made a mistake when he asked me to make a LEFT turn – I triggered the RIGHT turn signal and changed to RIGHT turn lane. I didn’t realize the problem until he asked me “Wondering, are you turning left or right?” As it was already too late to turn left, we had to go straight at the intersection. I apologized for the mistake. He said it’s OK, luckily it’s not gonna result in a failure. Maybe he realized that I was distracted by chatting with him. But we didn’t stop chatting the rest part of the test until we got back to the office.

The examiner said it was a good test, only thing he didn’t like was a yellow light that I didn’t run (he was pretty happy with another yellow light I did run). So I passed.
After the test, my instructor told me this examiner is actually a tough one among the other examiners in ICBC/Burnaby. But I guess at the time he started chatting with me he had decided he was gonna give me the license as Thanksgiving gift.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2007-2-4 21:55:44 | 显示全部楼层
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2007-2-5 08:52:54 | 显示全部楼层
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2007-2-5 09:29:13 | 显示全部楼层

回复: Road Test in Burnaby

Congratulations on job well done!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|驿路枫情加拿大华人网

GMT+8, 2024-9-21 19:51 , Processed in 0.116442 second(s), 7 queries , Gzip On, File On.

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表